Men For Men Waxing – Before & After Care Guide by AlexSpot24 - Men's grooming studio in NYC
Updated: Jun 28, 2019
Immediately after your wax
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction.
it’s important that you keep the area bacteria free and clean. Waxing removes the hair at the root. This means:
– Use ointment cream or a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for it’s anti-bacterial qualities.
– No sunbathing for at least 12 hours
– No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
– Same for spa baths or saunas
– Avoid applying topical lotions for at least 12 hours (fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
3-10 Days after waxing
As you skin closes over the follicles, the next consideration is to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This is when new hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation.
Here’s my “do’s”:
– Use a soft brush or exfoliating scrubs to gently buff the area every 2-3 days – this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10 day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
– Use a glycolic acid cleanser to roll over the area after showering. This product contains acid which helps ensure dead skin cells are buffed away allowing your hair back through the follicle opening.
The added bonus of following the after care advice, is that it really will make your next wax quicker and less painful. (apart from your skin looking hair-free and smooth for longer)
Hope you enjoy your new look!
Professional Male grooming, male waxing hair removal, intimate massage m4m, massage m4m